Salary: $60,000 – $75,000
Closing Date: Until filled
Base Location: Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC
At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
As a Planner II at Stewart, you will be part of a growing Community Planning Practice Area that works on many interesting and complex projects across North Carolina and South Carolina. You will be challenged with a diverse portfolio of projects that bring Stewart’s industry-leading planning efforts to municipalities and counties. Because of the diverse portfolio, you will gain a broad spectrum of experience in planning at all scales. You will be encouraged to think creatively and develop innovative project deliverables. This position requires someone who is energetic, self-directed, and curious about ways to serve, lead and strengthen communities.
Love to learn about communities and have a desire to help guide their future? Want to have the best of both worlds — work for Stewart but at the same time work with great local government clients? Utilizing your knowledge and background in planning you’ll work as part of an interdisciplinary team developing, Comprehensive Plans, Small Area Plans, Mobility Plans, Ordinances, and other Planning documents.
This job might be for you if…
- you like working on an interdisciplinary planning team
- you enjoy working with others to create context-sensitive solutions
- you enjoy traveling to different communities
- you have excellent technical writing skills
- you enjoy using GIS for mapping and analysis
- you have experience creating, designing and editing graphics and documents in InDesign
- you have a knack for public engagement
- you are detail-oriented and like to work on a variety of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of professional planning experience, including municipal/county planning, development code writing, long-range planning and public engagement.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation and/or Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with and writing Comprehensive Plans, Development Code updates, and other planning documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- General knowledge of community planning in the Carolinas and expertise or interest in one or more specialty planning fields including, but not limited to, land use, transportation, urban design, historic preservation, conservation and natural resources or economic development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using ArcGIS and spatial mapping concepts and tools to support planning activities.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including knowledge of technical writing techniques.
- Detail-oriented, reliable, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to participate in night meetings and travel, as required.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Belief that Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- Commitment to diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
To Apply: For full job description and to apply: https://stewartinc.com/careers/
Contact: Jake Petrosky, email@example.com