Town of Hilton Head Island
Salary: $61,992 – $79,040 (DOQ)
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Town of Hilton Head Island is seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Senior Planner in our Community Development Department in the Developmental Review & Zoning Division. Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes the Town of Hilton Head Island a great place to work!
The successful candidate will be solutions-oriented who takes a collaborative, team approach in Performing a variety of professional planning, analytical, and project or team leadership tasks related to the implementation of the Town’s Comprehensive Plan and administration of the Land Management Ordinance (LMO).
Performs a variety of professional planning, analytical, and project or team leadership tasks related to the implementation of the Town’s Comprehensive Plan and administration of the Land Management Ordinance (LMO). Maintains effective working relationships with Town employees, community members, and appropriate others in support of assigned duties.
• Implements Town Council goals and the Town Manager’s Work Program;
• Coordinates research, analysis, and drafting of documents related to the Comprehensive Plan and its updates; participates in neighborhood planning efforts with the public;
• Implements provisions of development-type applications in accordance with Town, State and Federal regulations and the LMO;
• Assists with research, drafting and preparation of LMO amendments for adoption; processes Zoning Map Amendments, Public Project Reviews, Development Plan Reviews, subdivisions, variances and special exceptions;
• Participates in Capital Improvement Program projects to include planning, analysis, and development of infrastructure projects such as roads, parks, and pathways;
• Administers project budgets; coordinates activities of public project development; presents proposals to Boards and Commissions;
• Facilitates public meetings; performs site inspections; provides updates and progress reports;
• Performs routine field inspections; ensures procurement regulations are met;
• Coordinate the PUD Master Plan update, including the transfer of information from the PUD binders to the Town’s archive, making PUD land use maps available on the Town’s website, reviewing the parcel data for each PUD in the Current Land Use layer, and creating a PUD management manual and a schedule of regular review and maintenance;
• Conducts major planning and department project research; reviews and recommends potential land acquisition; writes and coordinates implementation of Town policies;
• Serves as Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission Coordinator;
• Participates in customer service initiatives, public education programs; utilizes and maintains computerized data; provides customer service to a variety of internal and external customers, boards, commissions, and Town Council; assists citizens and others with inquiries regarding development regulations and projects;
• Recommends alternative solutions for development or other planning issues; researches and analyzes the impact of state and federal legislative changes affecting the Town, such as land use, demographics, and the environment; participates in regional planning;
• Coordinates and facilitates the application process to include overseeing and setting conference appointments, maintaining related computerized information, verifying
application requirements and facilitating application meetings; makes decisions, clarifies
issues according to the LMO and Comprehensive Plan, and answers inquiries;
• Maintains database of sites with non-conforming issues such as density or use;
• Coordinates with Inspectors prior to issuance of Certificate of Compliance and Certificate of Occupancy to ensure completed development activities are consistent with Notice of Action;
• Serves as lead staff for projects related to transportation. Attends and participates in all LATS Technical Committee meetings and report to management as needed;
• Attends Board of Zoning appeals/planning commissions meetings;
• Serves as Team Leader for special projects and prepares summary reports and recommendations based on the Comprehensive Plan, LMO interpretation, site inspections, other research, and interdepartmental coordination;
• Follows general and position-specific safety regulations and procedures; identifies, corrects and/or reports safety hazards (See Safety manual for details);
• Performs emergency or disaster-related duties as assigned; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Urban, City or Regional Planning, or closely related field from an accredited college or university is required for consideration.
Six (6) or more years of related experience in local government. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered on a case by case basis for those who do not possess a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience in community development or related areas within a local government environment, including planning, zoning, transportation planning, comprehensive planning, building inspections/ standards, housing, etc. is required for consideration.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for qualified candidates. The approved hiring range for the Senior Planner is $61,992 to $79,040 (DOQ). Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a healthcare reimbursement arrangement, and a generous matching 401(k) plan.
To Apply: click or here or copy and paste this link: http://www.recruitingsite.com/