Community and Regional Resiliency Planner
Pee Dee Regional Council of Governments – Florence, SC
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Closing Date: Position is open until filled
General Job Description
This position has responsibility for successfully carrying out planning functions of the agency with special emphasis on resiliency planning. Planning functions include county and municipal ordinance review and development, transportation, land use, natural resource, and comprehensive planning, and technical assistance to cities and counties within the Pee Dee COG region. The Resiliency Planner position will be expected to carry out typical planning functions but with a specific focus on ensuring that these functions enhance and improve the overall resiliency of the region.
Job functions include:
– Assisting with updating the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy to ensure a focus on regional resiliency;
– Preparing and presenting resiliency plans for local governments as needed;
– Providing technical assistance to local governments on resiliency planning functions, including comprehensive plans, development and strategic plans, economic development, zoning, land development regulations, housing, and historic preservation;
– Representing the agency and serving on task forces and study teams for regional and state agency planning processes; and
– Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related field and a minimum of at least 8 years experience working as a professional planner. A Master’s degree and AICP certification are desired.
See full Job Announcement for more information Community and Resiliency Planner