Planning and Development Manager
City of Tega Cay
Salary Range: $71,809 – $100,533
Closing Date: Open until filled
General Job Description:
Under limited supervision, plans, organizes and directs the City’s planning and zoning activities. Work involves developing comprehensive plans and strategies for City growth and development, ensuring the equitable and reasonable enforcement of approved City codes and regulations related to development, managing department and division budgets, and performing related professional, supervisory and administrative work as required. Reports to the Development Services Director.
- Plans, organizes and directs City planning and zoning activities and functions.
- Directs the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for the City of Tega Cay based on City goals and values, growth and development issues, identified citizen needs, and state and federal laws.
- Coordinates local comprehensive planning efforts with county, state and regional planning officials to facilitate the development of an effective plan coordinated across governmental boundaries.
- Compiles data for and prepares reports on Tega Cay development.
- Advises City management, other departments and City Council on planning and development issues; serves as advisor to various boards, including but not limited to the Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Reviews developers’ plans to ensure compliance with zoning, code and environmental regulations and economic development policies of the City; formulates observations based on the plan evaluation; ensures that the City is equitably and reasonably enforcing all codes, ordinances and zoning regulations related to development activities.
- Receives calls and provides information and assistance concerning development regulations and procedures to developers, investors and businesses interested in development within Tega Cay.
- Makes public presentations to inform the public about planning projects and programs; represents the department and City at various conferences and professional and community meetings.
- Attends meetings, workshops, conferences, training, etc., as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Receives and reviews plans, studies, and monthly reports.
- Prepares reports to City management and City Council, annual reports, performance appraisals, planning documents, statistical and demographic reports, and various other records, reports, memos and correspondence.
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, computer manuals, City codes and ordinances, various government laws and regulations, directories, maps, etc.
- Operates a vehicle and a variety of office equipment, including a computer, printer, fax machine, copier, calculator, telephone, and etc.; uses clerical and computer supplies, drafting and technical drawing equipment, word and data processing software.
- Interacts and communicates with the City Manager, City Council, other City department heads and personnel, subordinates, developers, community leaders, Planning Commission members, Zoning Board of Appeals members, consultants, news media, attorneys, property owners and the general public.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, economics, real estate or a related field supplemented by a minimum of seven years of experience in planning, economic or land development; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. AICP certification is preferred. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
TO APPLY: https://www.tegacaysc.org/1214/Human-Resources
Contact: Dora Perry, email@example.com