Town of Mount Pleasant
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Planner performs duties involving planning and community enhancement; some of which may include projects highlighting the history, culture, and natural amenities of the Town along with special or grant projects. Duties may include being a staff representative to a board or commission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Provides staff assistance to senior staff and to boards or commissions.
· Reviews plans and submittals for Zoning Code and Land Development compliance.
· Assists citizens and business owners with zoning and land development questions.
· Tracks development projects for status and compliance with any mitigation or special conditions.
· Participates in or provides staffing for public outreach efforts and public information projects related to Planning.
· Participates in site visits on occasion as it relates to development or construction projects.
· Assists with special projects related to Planning.
· Reviews applications for thoroughness and completeness.
· Tracks development projects from initial submittal to completion.
· Assists private developers, engineers, architects, and contractors with the commercial design review process.
· Develops plans to improve coordination between departments and other agencies to streamline process.
· Develops ways to expedite approval process, design review, plan review, and certificate of occupancy.
· Serves as a staff representative to a board or commission whose main duty is commercial development or community enhancement.
· Works on special projects and grant projects that enhance the community.
· Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Planning or City Planning or related field.
· Preferred candidate will have completed at least one relevant internship.
· Preferred experience with architecture, site review or landscape architecture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Geographic Information Systems, Adobe InDesign, and construction projects and processes;
· Skill in the use of public relations, customer service and organization;
· Ability to organize and direct the preparation of comprehensive research studies, analyze problems, prepare technical reports and formulate recommendations;
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with architects, contractors, developers, owners, supervisors, employees, and the general public.
There may be a need to visit construction sites occasionally and walk over rough terrain.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, usage of computers and reading.
This position requires substantial repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, grasp or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee consistently maintains balance either sitting, standing or walking and is occasionally required to stoop or crouch. The employee may occasionally push, pull or lift and move objects up to 10 pounds.
The work environment involves everyday discomforts typical of offices, with occasional exposure to outside elements. Noise or physical surroundings may be distracting, but conditions are generally not unpleasant.
Applicants should complete an application by accessing the Town of Mount Pleasant website at https://us60.dayforcehcm.com/