Zoning Administrator/Chief Code Enforcement Officer
Town of Seabrook Island
Salary: Depends on Qualifications/Targeted Range $55,000-$60,000
Closing Date: Position is open until filled: first review of applications July 30, 2021
General Job Description
Under limited supervision, the Zoning Administrator/Chief Code Enforcement Officer performs a variety of technical and professional duties in support of the town’s planning, zoning, and code enforcement functions. The Zoning Administrator/Chief Code Enforcement Officer interprets, monitors and enforces a variety of applicable ordinances, codes, and regulations related to zoning, business licensing, permitting, nuisance abatement, and health and safety issues. The position is responsible for reviewing land use and development plans for conformity with town regulations; providing technical assistance and guidance to elected and appointed officials; responding to inquiries, complaints, and requests for service, and for supervising assigned staff, including part-time code enforcement officers. The Zoning Administrator/Chief Code Enforcement Officer is appointed by the Mayor and Town Council and reports to the Town Administrator.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in city/regional/urban planning, architecture, public policy, public administration, criminal justice, or related field is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in planning, zoning, land use, land development, and/or code enforcement work is required. Prior government experience, specifically, municipal government experience, is strongly preferred. Prior experience working in a coastal community is also a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Prior experience with GIS/mapping software is also preferred.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina Drivers’ License.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, able to perform multiple tasks concurrently, and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The town reserves the right to consider any combination of relevant education and experience that demonstrates a candidate’s ability to successfully perform the duties of the position.
See full job announcement: Zoning Administrator/Chief Code Enforcement Officer