Opening Date: February 11, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Transportation Planner – NEPA
Job Description: CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
- Playing an integral role supporting our Senior NEPA planning team assisting in the writing and development of NEPA documents, research, and conducting public engagement.
- This position will perform both office work as well as meeting with the general public during regular working hours as well as some evening and weekend meetings, as needed.
- This position will support NEPA Planning efforts for projects in South Carolina as well as other offices of CDM Smith across the Southeastern United States.
- Will communicate regularly with project stakeholders (elected officials, citizens, business community representatives, and environmental justice communities).
- Will provide technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
- Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm
Essential Functions: Responsibilities of these positions include professional planning and project management supporting: development and monitoring of the region’s multi-modal transportation system; development of comprehensive plans, zoning and land development regulations; development and implementation of infrastructure improvement projects funded by various grant sources; coordination and/or participation in regional environmental, growth and quality of life initiatives; and conducting other related activities such as data gathering, technical analyses and mapping. Duties involve ensuring compliance with state and federal funding, public notification and participation requirements, and grant documentation requirements.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban, community or regional planning or related discipline. 5 years. Regular travel is required.
- Related experience in Environmental Planning.
- Interest in planning, communications and/or public outreach.
Qualified candidates should click here to apply.