Opening Date: February 12, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Transportation Engineer/Planner
Opportunity: Imagine being part of a dynamic team that designs innovative solutions for our diverse set of clients. Our Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services. As a senior transportation planner, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of planning and design projects as an integral team member. The ideal candidate has the ability to lead the planning and design of projects, manage within project scope and deliverables, provide compliant and technically sound designs, manage, coach and mentor resources effectively, manage the stakeholder and engagement process, and effectively represent Stantec at client meetings and public events.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties: Stantec’s Columbia, SC office is looking for a Senior Environmental Transportation Engineer/Planner/Scientist with at least ten years of experience preparing environmental documents pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The primary duty of this role is to build the Transportation Planning practice in South Carolina. Additional duties include managing transportation planning projects for a wide range of government and nongovernment transportation clients.
- Primary role is to assist in developing the transportation planning practice, primarily in SC and GA
- Guide the NEPA planning process and assist with all aspects of a project, including client contact, budget control and invoicing, schedule, personnel allocation/planning, public interest facilitation, technical approach, and subcontractor involvement
- Coordinate with clients, regulatory/resource agencies, local governments
- Manage technical studies and ecological resource assessments such as traffic analyses, air & noise analyses, socio-economic analyses, wetland delineations, habitat assessments, and other natural resource surveys
- Perform research, conduct environmental analyses (field and desktop), develop recommendations, and prepare technical reports under NEPA
- Prepare NEPA documentation including environmental impact statements (EISs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), Categorical Exclusions (CEs)
- Provide quality assurance and quality control for all final products to ensure technical accurateness and regulatory compliance
- Assist and/or lead in the preparation of proposals and other marketing endeavors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Planning, Engineering, Environmental or related field.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification and/or P.E. strongly desired.
- Ten or more years of experience performing analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations for various types of clients.
For more details, please click here.
Qualified applicants please send your resume directly to email@example.com for consideration.