Salary: $90,000 – $105,000
Closing Date: Until filled
Base Location: Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC
The Stewart Community Planning Team is growing! We are looking for an inspired, detail-oriented Planning Manager to lead planning efforts in the Charlotte and South Carolina markets. If you are interested in a leadership role involving comprehensive plans, development ordinances and business development activities, this position is for you! We have a great team that partners with local governments on a variety of planning and design related services. Our projects are diverse, engaging and data driven – resulting in quality plans that strengthen communities across the Carolinas.
In this exciting role, you will be a member of the Community Planning Leadership team, working with a team of planners and designers on a variety of planning projects. You will be expected to directly manage planning projects from beginning to end, including development of Comprehensive Plans, Development Ordinances, Small Area Plans, and other Planning & Design studies. You will participate in business development activities through the identification of prospective clients and establishment of relationships leading to future work, attend and present at conferences, respond to RFP/RFQs, attend and lead interviews.
This job might be for you if…
- You love helping communities fulfill their vision
- You enjoy engaging with different and diverse communities
- You can prepare for and lead engaging internal and community meetings
- You speak and write eloquently
- You thrive in fast paced environments with shifting priorities
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects
- You can manage and execute a project from beginning to end, while remaining profitable, on-schedule, and within budget constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in City Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation required.
- 8+ years of professional planning experience including municipal/county planning, long-range planning, development code writing, and public engagement preferred.
- Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) certification preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Commitment to diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- Belief that Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
To Apply: For full job description and to apply: https://stewartinc.com/careers/
Contact: Jake Petrosky, firstname.lastname@example.org