Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000
Closing Date: Open until filled
General Job Description:
The Stewart Community Planning Team is growing! We are looking for a detail oriented Senior Planner to lead planning efforts in the South Carolina market, including Columbia and Greenville. If you are interested in a leadership role involving comprehensive plans, development ordinances and business development activities, this position is for you! We have a great team that partners with local governments on a variety of planning related services. Our projects are diverse, engaging and data driven – resulting in quality plans that strengthen communities across the Carolinas.
In this exciting role, you will be working with a team of planners and designers on a variety of planning projects. You will be expected to work independently on the development of Comprehensive Plans, Development Ordinances, Small Area Plans, and other Planning & Design studies. You will participate in business development activities through the identification of prospective clients and establishment of relationships; attend and present at conferences, assist in response to RFP/RFQs; and attend interviews. This job might be for you if…
- You love helping communities fulfil their vision
- You can manage and execute a project from beginning to end, while remaining profitable, on-schedule, and within budget constraints
- You enjoy engaging with different and diverse communities
- You can prepare for and lead engaging internal and community meetings
- You speak and write eloquently
- You thrive in fast paced environments with shifting priorities
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation required.
- 7 or more years of professional planning experience including municipal/county planning, long-range planning, development code writing, and public engagement.
- 5 or more years of planning experience in both public and private sectors preferred.
- Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
- Commitment to diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- Belief that Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
TO APPLY: https://stewartinc.com/careers/
Contact: Jake Petrosky, email@example.com