Senior Project Manager / Senior Planner
Water – Land Development & Resiliency
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Weston & Sampson offers interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services that make the world a better place. Innovative and reliable, we’ve worked to improve the communities where you live, work, and play for more than a century. Join our rapidly growing team.
Weston & Sampson is rapidly expanding its environmental resource management, sustainability and resilience practices. We are seeking a Senior Land Development and Resiliency Planner in our Columbia, South Carolina office to assist with vulnerability assessments and strategy implementation, hazard mitigation planning, low impact development, and watershed and stormwater management.
What you’ll do:
- Assist on multi-disciplinary teams on projects.
- Lead and support resilience, urban planning and development projects as well as support related business development initiatives.
- Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other high-quality communication materials.
- Prepare both analytical and planning-level studies.
- Prepare presentations for and facilitate community meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you will bring:
- 10 – 20 years of experience in land-use planning, resiliency and related disciplines
- Master’s degree in planning or a related discipline is preferred; or a Bachelor degree and at least 15 years of experience in planning or a closely related discipline can be substituted
- AICP strongly preferred
- Floodplain management experience with CFM, preferred
- LEED AP or other green development accreditation/certification, desirable
- Strong project leadership resume
- Strong relationships with local developers and regulators specifically related land development
- Understanding of land-use and environmental regulation, particularly related to climate change, resiliency, and sustainability
- Excellent communication skills, project management, business development, leadership skills
- Ability to visualize development in accordance with zoning and create graphic representations
- Understanding of financing mechanisms, grants, loans, etc.
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company serving public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. Our staff comprises nearly 700 professionals in offices along the East Coast, including our new location in Reading, Massachusetts.
What We Offer:
Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). We provide a collaborative working environment along with training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success; and a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture where individuals are recognized for their contributions.
Weston & Sampson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal