Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Closing Date: Until Filled
General Job Description:
As a Senior Planner, you will be part of our growing planning team at Stewart! We are looking for a detail oriented Senior Planner to lead our growth efforts in the South Carolina market. If you are interested in a leadership role involving comprehensive plans, development ordinances and business development activities, this position is for you! We have a great team that partners with local governments on a variety of planning related services. Our projects are diverse, engaging and data driven – resulting in quality plans that guides communities on land use and planning related decisions over several decades.
- In this exciting role, you will be working with a team of planners and designers on a variety of planning projects.
- You will be expected to work independently on the development of Comprehensive Plans, Development Ordinances, Small Area Plans, and other Planning & Design studies.
- You will participate in business development activities through the identification of prospective clients and establishment of relationships leading to future work; attend conferences as directed, assist in response to RFP/RFQs; attend interviews as directed.
- This job might be for you if…
- You love helping communities fulfil their vision
- You can manage and execute a project from beginning to end, while remaining profitable, on-schedule, and within budget constraints
- You enjoy engaging with different and diverse communities
- You can prepare for and lead engaging internal and community meetings
- You speak and write eloquently
- You thrive in fast paced environments with shifting priorities.
- You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation required.
- 7 or more years of professional planning experience including municipal/county planning, long-range planning, development code writing, and public engagement.
- 5 or more years of planning experience in both public and private sectors preferred.
- Geographic Information System Professional (GISP) certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Stewart’s Municipal Planning practice area is a response to our clients’ needs for building healthy, equitable, resilient, and connected communities. Now, more than ever, our communities are adapting to changing demographics, land use trends, environments, and technologies. We are a team of experienced municipal planners, designers, and engineers that focus on provided high quality data-driven and design-focused solutions for our clients. Our Municipal Planning Group provides services such as the development of land use ordinances, code writing, entitlement and regulatory approvals, comprehensive and small area plans, urban design, GIS mapping and scenario planning. We work closely with our Transportation Group on greenway design and engineering, bikeway design and engineering as well as corridor studies, feasibility studies, and ADA transition plans.
Stewart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer, Including Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.