Center for Community Development – Planning, Central Savannah River Area Regional Commission, GA
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000 DOQ
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for performing regional planning duties for the Central Savannah River Area Regional Commission. An incumbent in this position may also be designated as a Senior Planner.
- Provides professional and technical assistance to local governments in the area of regional planning; researches, develops, updates, and writes comprehensive, environmental, solid waste management, redevelopment, transportation, zoning ordinance updates and revisions, land use projects, development of regional impact (DRT) review, special area and/or other miscellaneous community plans, studies and reports.
- Meets with various committees and councils to provide assistance with the aforementioned activities.
- Meets with member government officials to identify local needs and to advise and present grant programs, proposals, recommendations, and related reports designed to meet local needs.
- Attends and represents the Regional Commission at public and governmental meetings at locations both inside and outside of the region as well as conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Regularly exercise professional judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Researches, collects, generates, evaluates, audits, deduces and assesses data/information using established criteria necessary for all planning documents. Exercises discretion in determining actual or probable consequences, using various reference and evaluation methods.
- Researches, develops, and presents reports to local government officials, their staff and other agencies as deemed necessary in written, photographic, or other formats.
- Provides information to answer public, governmental, media, or private sector inquiries about all planning activities.
- Ensures local governments are up to date on various state required reports and documents as outlined under the Georgia Service Delivery Strategy Act and Georgia Planning Act. Involves reviewing, and if necessary, revising the Service Delivery Strategy, Short Term Work Programs and/or local Comprehensive Plans. Advises local governments on update or revision needs, timeline and assists with the negotiation of updates/changes as requested.
- Assists local planners with planning and mapping projects as requested by our member jurisdictions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field and at least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience. OR· Master’s degree in planning or related field and one (1) year of progressively responsible experience.
CERTIFICATIONS: No certifications are required, however, certifications in environmental review, project management and/or the American Institute of Certified Planners is desired. Employee achievement of AICP certification within 3 years of employment also desired.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference Regional Planner in the subject line of the email.
View full job announcement CSRA Regional Planner 2021