Planning Director, City of Travelers Rest
Position Category: Planning
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $ 59,600 – $77,800
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical assistance to city staff and public regarding planning, development, and zoning matters.
- Prepares plans and coordinates execution of planning and capital projects.
- Provides staff support for Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals and Subdivision Advisory Committee.
- Conducts plan reviews to ensure compliance with land development, zoning and sign regulations. Researches and prepares amendments to the zoning ordinance.
- Attends boards, commission and community meetings that extend beyond the normal work schedule.
- Provides overall management of division-related planning functions
- Maintains records and completes related reports. Issues certificates and approvals as appropriate.
- Serves as development coordinator, coordinating, assisting, and informing the development community and property owners on all aspects of the entitlement, development and building approval and permitting process.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
- Five years of increasingly responsible city planning experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in architecture, urban/city planning, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Any license, certification, or registration required for this position shall be maintained (i.e. active and in good standing) at all times during employment. For continued employment, you must maintain such certification to meet the minimum qualifications of this position.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
How to apply: Submit your application, cover letter and resume to Eric Vinson, City Administrator, City of Travelers Rest, 125 Trailblazer Dr. 29690. The City of Travelers Rest is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Until Filled
For a complete job description and to download an application please visit www.travelersrestsc.com.