City of Travelers Rest
Salary: $61,150 – $79,823
Closing Date: Until Filled
Performs highly skilled, professional and administrative work in the Planning and Development Services Department pertaining to land use and zoning and provides a broad scope of planning services for the City. Administers specified planning activities, performs studies, presents staff reports and supervises other staff in such endeavors as needed. Provides staff oversight and administrative assistance to various boards and commissions. Enforces the City zoning and development ordinances. This position serves the role of Zoning Administrator for the City. Works under general supervision of the Planning Director.
- Provides technical assistance to city staff and public regarding planning, development, and zoning matters.
- Prepares plans and coordinates execution of planning and capital projects.
- Provides staff support for Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals and Subdivision Advisory Committee.
- Conducts plan reviews to ensure compliance with land development, zoning and sign regulations. Researches and prepares amendments to the zoning ordinance.
- Attends boards, commission and community meetings that extend beyond the normal work schedule.
- Provides overall management of division-related planning functions
- Maintains records and completes related reports. Issues certificates and approvals as appropriate.
- Serves as development coordinator, coordinating, assisting, and informing the development community and property owners on all aspects of the entitlement, development and building approval and permitting process.
- Five years of increasingly responsible city planning experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in architecture, urban/city planning, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Any license, certification, or registration required for this position shall be maintained (i.e. active and in good standing) at all times during employment. For continued employment, you must maintain such certification to meet the minimum qualifications of this position.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
How to apply: Submit your application, cover letter and resume via email to Eric Vinson, City Administrator, email@example.com or mail to: City of Travelers Rest, 125 Trailblazer Dr. 29690. The City of Travelers Rest is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Until Filled For a complete job description and to download an application please visit www.travelersrestsc.com.