Director of Planning & Community Development
City of Georgetown
Salary: Depending on Experience $64,104.27 – $89,745.77
Closing Date: December 31, 2021
Organizes, directs, and supervises the staff and daily activities of the planning department, including
enforcement of codes and ordinances pertaining to planning, building, and construction. Reports to City
– Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in community development, planning, architecture, engineering, land use management, or other job-related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience; master’s degree preferred.
– AICP certification or ability to obtain within one (1) year after hire.
– At least two (2) years supervisory experience in a related field.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn other software, such as NewWorldSystems.net.
– Valid South Carolina Driver’s License or ability to obtain upon hire.