City of Salisbury
Salary: $45,863.22 – $59,622.18
Closing Date: Until Filled
Your Career, Your Community
As a Planner or Senior Planner in the City of Salisbury, you can make a difference! The City is seeking motivated candidates who will be responsible for preparing short and long range development and improvement plans, current development plan review, preparing ordinances and legislation for rezoning and text amendment matters, researching complex planning issues and serving as a project leader for various City Council goals, programs and projects.
We offer a rich benefit plan (Health Insurance – $750 city contribution to Health Savings Plan, Dental, Onsite Wellness Clinic, 13 Paid Holidays, One day of Sick Leave accrued per month, One Annual day accrued per month, Employer Contribution to the NC State Retirement Plan and City Contribution to 401(k) plan, and more). Join the City of Salisbury for a rich benefit plan, opportunity for career advancement and ability to work with a fast paced team that aims to exemplify the City’s values by showing purpose, passion and priority.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in municipal planning, or related field and moderate experience in municipal planning or community development, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a valid NC Driver’s License
- Quasi-judicial and legislative proceeding experience preferred
- Board and commission presentation experience preferred
- Possession of American Institute of Certified Planners certification preferred
Please apply online at www.salisburync.gov/hr
For questions please call/visit:
City of Salisbury Human Resources Department, City Office Building, 132 North Main Street, 2nd Floor.
Phone: (704) 638-5217
The City of Salisbury prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. The City of Salisbury is a Drug Free Workplace