Salary: $74,868 to $114,098
Closing Date: Until filled
The purpose of this position is to plan, direct, and supervise the activities and programs of the Department of Planning and Zoning. Assist elected officials in implementing public policy affecting the logical, sound growth and management through comprehensive planning, development plan review, inspections and code compliance, community development, and land use and zoning regulations. This class works under administrative supervision, developing and implementing programs within organizational policies and reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Formulate long-range goals for the organization.
- Conduct planning and zoning training.
- Conduct planning committee meetings.
- Collect and analyze data to assist used to prepare policies and ordinances.
- Work with departmental and project budgets.
- Flood plain manager and CRS coordinator.
- Work with other local jurisdictions providing technical assistance.
- Supervise the Zoning/Planning, E911 Addressing, Business Licensing,and Administrative Assistant staff members.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
- Manage, direct, and implement strategies and objectives to meet the goals of the Departments.
- Performs other duties and related work as instructed and assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Urban Planning, or closely related field.
Requires four (4) years of experience in in zoning enforcement, urban planning, building construction, or equivalent combination of experience and education or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
- AICP certification
- Certified Flood Plain Manager
- Must achieve and maintain educational requirements for local government planning or zoning officials or employees
- Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver’s License
Contact: Sandra Aiken, email@example.com