Opening Date: July 23, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Description: The Berkeley-Charleston-Dorchester Council of Governments’ primary objectives are to assist local governments develop local and regional plans within the tri-county region, as well as providing local governments with planning and technical support to improve the quality of life in the region, which is located on the coast of South Carolina and has a population of over 775,000. The Charleston area is known for beautiful beaches, golf courses, award winning restaurants, arts and entertainment.
Because of an attractive quality of life and increased economic opportunities, the region has experienced a positive growth rate which requires new ideas and programs to improve traffic and accommodate future growth. Sustainable transportation modes are available to connect commuters in our region with real commuting solutions. We are looking for a Mobility Manager who will build relationships with residents and employers to explore all the alternatives to driving alone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business and community leaders to address the transportation challenges within the BCD Region.
- Administer a travel demand management (TDM) program that includes the following duties:
- Administer carpool and vanpool programs, including software applications as needed;
- Manage outreach program to inform citizens of their transportation options, including car-pooling and vanpooling, public transportation and other transportation options;
- Conduct outreach to employers to promote adoption of TDM options for employees.
- Develop partnerships with public and private stakeholders to enhance transportation options in the region.
- Identify funding/cost-share opportunities, including in-kind donations and partnerships.
- Develop list of eligibility criteria for all services in the network that is clear and easily understood by all possible users of the services for distribution.
- Develop outreach materials that explain the range of services and encourages rider responsibility for choosing the most appropriate and cost-effective option that will meet the customer’s needs.
- Make public presentations on the benefits of TDM programs available for BCDCOG and the regional transportation provider to the community.
- Develops and administers a Vanpool Program for the BCD Region that includes the following duties:
- Oversees operations of agency owned and contracted vanpool services.
- Responsible for writing grants, completing scope of work and completing all reporting requirements applicable to Vanpool Program.
- Develops requests for proposals, and participates in selection committee in makes recommendations in accordance with the BCDCOG Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Authorizes program expenditures within established guidelines. Develop and implement policies and processes to manage effectiveness of programs.
- Collects, analyzes and maintains program usage data for preparing reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administer the development (non-construction) of Park & Ride facilities in the BCD Region.
- Develop and manage Transportation Network Company (TNC) Partnerships as well as 1st and last mile coordination for transit services.
- Onsite supervision of the Mobility Coordinator.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to drive as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in community or transportation planning, communications, marketing, or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in program management or other relevant work experience.
- Must be goal orientated, persistent and punctual self-starter.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, organizational boards and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and foster genuine interest in assisting the public of the BCD region with their transportation needs with excellent follow up skills in order to build relationships.
- Comfortable with making presentations to small and large audiences.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted at our Main Office or you can email/fax resume to:
BCD Council of Governments
Attention: Star Ross
5790 Casper Padgett Way
North Charleston, SC 29406
Fax resume to:
To view the job announcement, please click here.