Planning and GIS Technician II
Salary: $46,716 – $50,460, DOQ
Closing Date: Until filled
Assist the Department of Planning and GIS, other County departments, engineers, public and private entities, and other related professionals in creating, maintaining, modifying, or using County geographic information systems (GIS) and databases. Utilize configurable web applications, develop basic databases and provide user support and training. Create and maintain digital maps, geodatabases, tabular data, graphics, applications and GIS related technical support for all County agencies, the general public, and outside agencies.
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology, applications, principles and solid understanding of Esri’s ArcGIS system, including ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS Online. Knowledge of various computer programs, to include Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.;
- Design, analyze, research, create, edit, print and maintain routine and custom mapping products, geodatabases, databases, data agreements and mapping related applications for all Lexington County agencies, outside government agencies, public and private sector customers;
- Analyze and edit internal E911 address database, create new or corrective data for E911 address database, such as assigning street addresses for subdivisions, commercial and recreational projects, site built homes, new or replacement mobile homes and various utilities. Edit existing address geodatabase utilizing The Lexington County Addresser application and ArcGIS Pro software;
- Create, update, edit, and analyze specific Elements of the Lexington County Comprehensive Plan following instruction from the Director. Creation of maps, data, charts, graphics, animations, displays, slideshows, and other graphic and tabular material as it applies to that Plan;
- Conduct training and presentations for Lexington County Departments, the public and private sector, in the creation/use of numerous Lexington County GIS web mapping applications and Story Maps;
- Customer service, interpersonal skills, presentation, communication and public speaking skills.
- Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, geography, planning, computer science, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum Qualifications – 1 to 3 years of experience in GIS or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) Certification preferred or encouraged within 5 years of employment.
To Apply: Interested applicants must submit a completed application and resume through our website: https://lex-co.sc.gov/departments/human-resources.
The County of Lexington, South Carolina, in the heart of the Midlands South Carolina located adjacent to the State Capital City of Columbia, SC has a number of vacancies (4) in the Department of Planning and GIS. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, collaborate, innovate, mentor and spread the word about the usefulness of Planning, GIS and Spatial Analysis in a true TEAM environment. Please submit through the web site portal at https://lex-co.sc.gov/
Contact: Holland Jay Leger, email@example.com