Planning and GIS Manager
Salary: $69,529 – $75,091, DOQ
Closing Date: Until filled
Implement the use of GIS technology and its related services and applications wherever needed throughout Lexington County while supervising GIS software and computer purchases and licensing within the Department. Serve as final authority on GIS data creation, accuracy, and uses within the County. Supervise County GIS and planning projects including those of the Planning Commission insuring that GIS technology is used wherever beneficial. Supervise GIS personnel and serve as Acting Director in the absence of the Director of Planning and GIS.
- Supervise GIS personnel and assist the Director in performing the administrative duties related to personnel supervision, budget administration and office management;
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology, applications, and principles, including data management principles, extensive knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS software products, ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise (Geodatabases, Server, and Portal); and various computer programs, to include Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc., Knowledge of Esri’s data collection and display resources, such as Survey123, Field Apps, Operations Dashboard, and Story Maps;
- Knowledge of E911 and NG911 data, including Emergency Operations Center procedures;
- Budgeting, financial management and the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects concurrently;
- Provides and assists with staff oversight regarding various planning-related projects, including the Comprehensive Plan and long-range population projections;
- Customer service, interpersonal, presentation, communication and public speaking skills.
- Minimum Education – A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, planning, computer science, or other related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum Qualifications – A minimum of 5 years of experience in GIS or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) Certification preferred or required within 1 year of employment.
To Apply: Interested applicants must submit a completed application and resume through our website: https://lex-co.sc.gov/departments/human-resources.
The County of Lexington, South Carolina, in the heart of the Midlands South Carolina located adjacent to the State Capital City of Columbia, SC has a number of vacancies (4) in the Department of Planning and GIS. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, collaborate, innovate, mentor and spread the word about the usefulness of Planning, GIS and Spatial Analysis in a true TEAM environment. Please submit through the web site portal at https://lex-co.sc.gov/
Contact: Holland Jay Leger, firstname.lastname@example.org