Toole Design Group
Hiring Range: DOQ
Closing Date: Until Filled
General Job Description:
Toole Design Group in Spartanburg, SC and Atlanta, GA is looking to hire an experienced and talented full-time Project Planner. Are you excited about transforming transportation networks and creating healthy and resilient communities? Are you looking for opportunities to collaborate with other planners, urban designers, traffic and civil engineers, and data scientists, including thought leaders from across North America? Would you like to work for a firm that is committed to the well-being of its employees? If so, please consider joining our Spartanburg or Atlanta team.
This Project Planner position with a focus on active transportation, transit, community engagement, and creating resilient communities earns a competitive salary and great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, a health savings account (HSA), and a flexible spending account (FSA). We practice what we preach and ensure that our employees also have access to transportation by providing them with financial incentives to bike, walk, or use transit for a better quality of life.
Toole Design is the leading planning, landscape architecture, and engineering firm specializing in multimodal transportation. Since our start in 2003 as a single office in Maryland, we have expanded throughout the United States and Canada. Our talented team of planners, landscape architects and engineers are committed to delivering quality work that meets the needs of all people, regardless of age, ability, race or gender. We have been named a “best firm to work for” and have one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
Every project our employees deliver directly and positively affects our communities. We are industry-leading experts, and we work hard to encourage a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field or additional work experience in lieu of secondary education
- At least 5 years of active transportation, planning, urban design, or other related experience
- Strong writing skills and experience working as a support and/or primary author for planning or technical documents
- Strong graphical communication skills
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: active transportation planning, multimodal corridor studies, streetscape design, and/or conducting public outreach and engagement
- Successful track record working independently on completing and/or managing tasks
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and multi-phased projects
- Motivation to win work for a growing office including forming and managing client relationships, identifying potential opportunities, and developing proposals and interview materials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of GIS software (ArcGIS or QGIS) and Adobe Creative Suites Cloud apps (Illustrator and InDesign) are desirable
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Project Planner position, please visit our website to apply: http://www.tooledesign.com/careers/
At Toole Design, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
We’re proud that about half of our managers are women and are committed to achieving racial diversity in our leadership as well. Toole Design is a woman-owned business and an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer).
For more information about Toole Design, visit our website, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn, or like us on Facebook.