Development Planner (Sustainability)
City of Greenville, SC
Salary: $49,200.00 – $73,800.00 Annually
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the general direction and in compliance with standard operating procedures and policies, assists with administering the city’s land management and related ordinances. Works collaboratively with city departments on environmental and sustainability programs and initiatives. Provides staff support for various city boards and commissions including the Green Ribbon Advisory Committee, Planning Commission, Design Review Boards, Board of Zoning Appeals and Technical Advisory Committee. Communicates and engages with the public on sustainability matters. Administers land development regulations. Investigates violations of the Land Management ordinance. Conducts reviews to ensure compliance with land development and sign regulations. Provides technical assistance to City Staff and Public regarding Land Development regulations and sustainability programs. Researches and prepares amendments to the Land Development regulations. Attends boards, commission and community meetings that extend beyond the normal work schedule.
• Bachelor’s degree in planning, design, public administration, environmental science/engineering, sustainability studies, or a related field.
• Over two years of experience in planning, design, sustainability, development review, public administration, and/or a related field.
• Must meet professional development requirements for Local Planning or Zoning Officials per SC Code6-29-1310.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
Driver’s License Requirements
• Valid South Carolina Class D Driver’s License.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/greenvillesc/jobs/3638680/development-planner-sustainability-0722?keywords=development%20planner&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs