Planning and Zoning Manager and Senior Planner (2 Positions Open)
Berkeley County Government
Salary: Depending on Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Roughly the size of Rhode Island, located in the Charleston-North Charleston-Summerville MSA, and one of the fastest-growing Counties in the United States, Berkeley County boasts diverse built and natural landscapes, a robust economy, and rich cultural and historical heritage. These opportunities encompass a variety of planning functions, including, but not limited to, zoning administration, public meeting facilitation, multi-stakeholder collaboration, team management, site/subdivision plan review, and long-range planning. This is a fun, fast paced, and exciting opportunity for any qualified Planner seeking to take their career to the next level!
Planning and Zoning Manager
- Master’s degree in Planning, Urban Studies, or closely related field required.
- Five (5) years of related planning experience with at least two (2) years of experience in team and/or project management.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification;
- Or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for South Carolina with safe driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Four (4) years of related planning experience;
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification required; and
- Must have and maintain a valid South Carolina’s driver license with a safe driving record.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply using the link below:
For more information about the Berkeley County Planning Department, please check out the website here: https://berkeleycountysc.gov/
For more information related to the One Berkeley 2020 Comprehensive Plan Update, currently underway, please see the link here: https://www.bcdcog.com/one-