City of Goose Creek
Salary: $60,000 – $66,950, DOQ
Closing Date: Until filled
Employee is responsible for adhering to all safety procedures and regulations established by the Department, the City and all State and Federal organizations. Any safety concern should be reported to a supervisor immediately.
This position under minimal supervision is responsible for a variety of general and specialized professional planning functions relative to the Planning and Zoning Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages complex planning studies, development applications and reviews consultant proposals.
- Reviews and processes complex requests for comprehensive plan/text amendments, rezonings, annexations, site plans, plats, etc.
- Reviews parcel plats, site plans, subdivision plats, landscape plans, architectural plans and building elevations.
- Develops project budgets, administers bidding process, verifies contract expenditures and compliance.
- Conducts research and prepares statistical reports on land use, physical, social, and economic issues.
- Provides professional planning assistance to member communities on varied land use projects.
- Performs field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that development projects comply with approved plans.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards and elected officials.
- Presents reports and other findings to staff, planning and zoning boards and commissions, elected officials and serves as liaison.
- Attends evening and weekend meetings, as needed.
- Assists with Annexation coordination, as needed.
- Supervises junior planners within the organization.
- Assists in code enforcement activities.
- Serves as back-up to co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in planning or related field, preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of professional planning experience, preferred;
- A valid Driver’s License, required;
- AICP Certification, preferred.
- Candidate shall have a strong knowledge of South Carolina planning and land use regulations, to include annexation;
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices & techniques of planning.
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as land use planning/zoning, transportation planning, environmental planning, urban design, housing, historic preservation, or
- Knowledge and experience in construction processes.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection.
- Knowledge of effective writing technique.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications econometric or transportation modeling, and database management.
- GIS programs and applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships with elected/appointed officials or other decision-makers.
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined planning problems.
- Group facilitation skills for use with community workshops.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to provide effective supervision and staff management.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate in-person and virtual public participation activities.
|See full posting and apply here!