Closing Date: Open until filled
Minimum Salary: $55,101
General Description of Duties
Under limited supervision, reviews, analyzes, develops and maintains electronic tax mapping and related data including 911 addressing and street centerline data. Plans, coordinates and implements various activities and exercises necessary for the efficient operation of the GIS Department. Reports to the Director of Planning and Code Enforcement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains and operates the geographic information system (GIS), including the County tax parcel maps, for Georgetown County.
- Closely works with other County departments to enter data into the GIS. Ultimately responsible for such data being timely entered.
- Must have extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software required to maintain the existing GIS and incorporate upgrades as needed.
- Provides maps, charts and other data to various County departments as needed.
- Provides County GIS services to the public and other organizations.
- Responsible for implementing the street address numbering system for the County.
- Works with the Census Bureau during the census to assure the most current information is utilized.
- Instructs other County staff on use of the GIS as needed.
- Works in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during disaster events and assures other GIS staff is available to the EOC when the GIS Manager is not available. Is considered an essential employee.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position. Must be able to interact easily and effectively with other County officials and the public.
- Conducts staff meetings to exchange information; attends technical or professional seminars or conferences to improve skills.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography or related field. Strong GIS background is required. The County may consider any other combination of related education, training and experience that provides the needed skills to successfully perform this job.
Qualified applicants may apply in writing through the closing date to SC Works, 2704 Highmarket Street, Georgetown, SC 29440 or Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 421270, Georgetown, SC 29442. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org