Town of Fort Mill
Salary: Starting at $52,480.37
Closing Date: Until filled
This position performs professional planning duties in support of day-to-day zoning and long-range planning functions as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in resolving citizen and customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints.
- Reviews plans and zoning permit applications to ensure compliance.
- Assists in the assessment of rezoning, annexation, and ordinance amendments.
- Assists in the review of development proposals and site plans for compliance with codes, plans, etc.
- Researches and compiles information on a variety of planning issues.
- Develops and maintains supporting planning documents, including maps, databases, and drawings.
- Investigates violations of planning regulations and ordinances.
- Attends public meetings; assists planning staff as appropriate.
- Performs related duties.
Knowledge Required by the Position
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of community planning.
- Knowledge of the land development process.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
- Knowledge of town codes, zoning regulations, and subdivision ordinances.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, town ordinances, and department policies and procedures.
- Skill in preparing clear and precise reports.
- Skill in researching, interpreting, and applying codes and ordinances.
- Skill in reading plans, maps, charts, and surveys.
- Skill in interpreting architectural plans.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in prioritizing and planning.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
To Apply: For full description, visit https://fortmillsc.gov/339/Employment-Application-Process. All resumes or questions should be directed to Rebecca Link at email@example.com.
Contact: Rebecca Link, firstname.lastname@example.org