Salary: $57,360 – $63,096
Closing Date: Until filled
The purpose of the class is to perform professional administrative and technical work in support of the Dorchester County Greenbelt Program and the Dorchester County Comprehensive Greenbelt Paster Plan; develop collaborative partnerships and creative funding opportunities to leverage Greenbelts Program funding; to assist with the implementation of the Dorchester County Comprehensive Plan. The position works within broad policy and organizational guidelines, does independent planning and implementation, and reports progress of major activities through periodic council and staff meetings, attendance at conferences and workshops, and community speaking engagements. This position establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other County employees, municipalities, state and federal officials, representatives of\ historic and neighborhood organizations, business and community organizations and the public.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs professional, administrative, and technical work in support of the Dorchester County Greenbelt Program, contributes toward preparation and implementation of the Dorchester County Greenbelt Master Plan, and coordinates with varying stakeholder audiences and agencies in the implementation of conservation objectives.
- Develops relationships and trust with property owners, land trusts, conservation groups, agricultural stakeholders, SC Conservation Bank, various Dorchester County departments, USFS, SCDNR, US ACOE, and other key agencies/stakeholders.
- Researches and identifies collaborative partnerships and creative funding sources to leverage Greenbelt funding, including grant opportunities.
- Prepares studies assessments, and reports associated with land preservation, culture, history, recreation, open space, and enhancement.
- Provides due diligence assistance and coordinates with the County’s Legal Department on real estate closing activities. Assists in gathering and reviewing necessary legal and technical documents in advance of real estate closings (appraisals, plats, environmental assessments, closing statements, title policies, deed restrictions and conservation easements)
- Manages the Dorchester County Conservation and Greenbelt Advisory Commission and maintains all documentation required for the County’s Greenbelt Program, including meeting minutes, agendas, correspondence, newsletters, databases, maps, project folders, applications, and reports, etc.
- Coordinates with Planning & Zoning during development review to ensure adequate open space entitlements and open space preservation are met. Processes cluster development requests for bonus density involving open space donations to the County.
- Coordinates and manages projects and activities with other county and state departments and agencies, applicable land trust organizations, and municipalities as appropriate.
- Research and coordinates evaluation of land for wetland mitigation banking opportunities.
- Prepares and submits applications for grand funding. Ensures compliance with grant reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Participates in department marketing and public relations efforts, including public education and outreach through collaborative partnerships, maintenance of website content, dissemination of print medic, and regular progress update presentations.
- Interprets and enforces all laws, applicable conservation easement terms, regulations, codes, ordinances, and standards relating to the Dorchester County Greenbelt Program.
- Researches, identifies, and maintains databases of properties for potential conservation opportunities, including those that boast historical, cultural, ecological, recreational, agricultural, and/or archaeological significance.
- Serves as a liaison to the public, Dorchester County Conservation and Greenbelt Advisory Commission, and other agencies on conservation matters.
- Coordinates with eligible greenbelt fund recipients to develop an annual efficient site monitoring visit schedule. Performs annual compliance inspections of eligible properties and prepares annual reports to County Council as required.
- Develops progress reports for Greenbelt project implementation and presents to the Commission.
- Completes thorough monitoring reports and communicates the site visit outcomes with the eligible greenbelt fund recipient. Stores and manages monitoring reports and other related files.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions and reviews materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices and new developments in conservation and planning.
- Provides technical direction, training, advice, and assistance of department staff in areas of responsibility.
- Reviews existing regulations and plans; makes recommendations for modifications to the Planning Commission, Conservation and Greenbelt Advisory Commission, and/or County Council, as appropriate.
- Participates in long-range planning projects as assigned.
- Assists in coordinating department activities and functions with those of other County departments, municipalities, and outside agencies as appropriate.
- Performs routine administrative/clerical work as required, including entering and retrieving computer data, copying, and filing documents, assembling materials, typing reports and correspondence, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
For complete job description and to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dorchestercounty?.
Contact: Kiera Reinertsen, email@example.com