Director of Planning
Position Category: Planning and Zoning
Full time, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
• Responsible for planning, directing and organizing the activities of the Planning and Development Department, enforcing all zoning ordinances and development regulations of the Town.
• Directs and manages the floodplain management programs. Designs and manages community development programs and staff in customer service delivery in the development process.
• Extensive contacts with government officials at all levels as well as civic and business leaders, builders and developers will occur. The Town of Port Royal prides itself on its willingness to work with citizens and the development community due to its philosophy of being available and prompt in addressing zoning and development issues.
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in land-use planning, urban planning, zoning, or a Masters Degree in Public Administration. Five years of progressively responsible experience in municipal planning; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Must be able to obtain an AICP Certification within two years of being hired.
• Extensive knowledge of planning programs and processes; extensive knowledge of zoning laws; working knowledge of personal computers and GIS applications.
How to apply:
Mail resume to: PO Drawer 9, Port Royal, SC 29935 or email to email@example.com. Can also be dropped off at Town Hall, 700 Paris Avenue, Port Royal, SC 29935
The Town of Port Royal is an Equal Opportunity Employer