Opening Date: 11/28/18
Closing Date: Continuous
Salary Range:$75,789.00 Annually
Job Description: This class is an upper management classification and is responsible for managing Code Enforcement, Licensing and Customer Services functions. This position reports directly to the Planning and Development Director. Incumbents are considered the highest level in a business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises staff to include: managing the Business License division, prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations
- Manages the activities of an assigned operational unit, which includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs, agreements, contracts, projects, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings; ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards. Monitors proposed legislation and evaluates and communicates impact of regulatory changes
- Oversees and participates in the analysis of management information; identifies issues and discrepancies; conducts needs analysis; projects consequences of proposed actions; formulates recommendations based on findings; implements priorities, work processes, and procedures; and/or, trains individuals on established or modified organizational practices and/or procedures
- Manages, reviews, and participates in the collection and/or processing of data and/or information; prepares and reviews a variety of related reports, statements, and communications; audits a variety of data for quality control purposes
- Responds to requests for information and provides subject-matter-expertise/guidance to other departments, consumers, the general public, and/or outside agencies
- Directs and participates in the preparation, review, and submittal of a variety of reports, reconciliations, work papers, communications, schedules, tables, and/or statements to and from internal departments, financial institutions, and/or external agencies
- Manages and participates in the processing of variety transactions involving purchase orders, accounts receivable, invoices, accounts payable, payroll, and/or other related functions
- Participates in special projects; participates in/on a variety of task forces, meetings, committees, and/or training sessions
- Prepares bid specifications and invitations to bid; conducts bid openings; analyzes bids and selects vendors; administers funds; and/or, reviews and monitors professional service providers, agreements, contracts, grants, and/or regulatory compliance
- Develops and administers budgets; allocates resources; approves expenditures; reviews financial statements
Desirable Training and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning & Development, or a closely related field of study
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience related to codes and licensing, including two years of experience as a manager.
- Licensing: Possession of a valid driver’s license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment. ***This position requires driving a county vehicle.***
View Complete Job Announcement here.