Closing Date: Open until filled
Minimum Salary: $44,535
General Job Description:
The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for a Commercial Plans Examiner. This position is responsible for reviewing construction plans for commercial and industrial projects within the City of Hinesville on a daily basis to determine compliance with code and ordinances. The position also requires consulting with and responding to inquiries from builders, contractors, developers and architects to insure that proposed construction will be in compliance while performing various field inspections as necessary.
- Coordinates the Commercial Plan Review process on a daily basis.
- Examines building construction plans and specifications to determine compliance with code and ordinances.
- Plans and carries out the successive steps and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training or accepted practices in the job.
- Consults with and responds to inquiries from builders, contractors, developers and architects to insure the proposed construction will be in compliance.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports on documents reviewed.
- Performs various field inspections as required.
Knowledge of structural design and construction of buildings, construction codes for buildings, the ability to read and interpret complex construction documents, and the ability to make field inspections on buildings under construction is required. A high school diploma and ten or more years of directly related experience or an Associate’s degree with five or more years of related experience are required. Possession of a Building Plan Examiner Certification for residential or commercial buildings at the time of employment or an active certification as a plans examiner by the International Code Council is required within one year of employment. The possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license is also required.
Please apply online: Application
THE CITY OF HINESVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER