City of Beaufort
Closing Date: Open until filled
General Job Description:
The Planner I, conducts research, analyzes and presents data related to land use, zoning and subdivision ordinances; reads and interprets comprehensive plan and zoning code. The Planner I, answers questions about land use for citizens, developers and other agencies. Reports to the Community and Economic Development Director.
- Researches, analyzes, and interprets land use data.
- Researches and interprets land use regulation; explains regulations and assists the public and other departments, as necessary.
- Coordinates with and assists Code Enforcement with land use violations.
- Advises permit applicants, the public and other agencies on requirements pertaining to zoning boundary line adjustments, partitions, and administrative actions.
- Temporarily substitutes for front counter planning staff when needed.
- Reviews proposed projects for compliance with zoning and development ordinances.
- Reads, interprets, and utilizes the GIS mapping system, information from other maps, legal descriptions, ordinances, professional literature, legal and quasi-legal documents.
- At the direction of the Community and Development Director, will coordinate with other agencies and citizen groups to present proposals and gather information for public and agency inquiries.
- Required to attend Planning Commission meetings.
- Regular attendance is and essential function of the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Business of Public Administration; and 1 year
of experience with community development and regional planning programs; or any equivalent
combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to
perform the job. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification preferred, or the ability to
acquire certification within two (2) years of employment.
TO APPLY: Interested parties, please visit the City’s website at http://cityofbeaufort.org/643/
Contact: Ivette Burgess, email@example.com