If you are an aspiring American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) candidate, and you are suffering a financial hardship (including a hardship caused by a budget cutback in a firm or agency) that would cause you to defer taking the AICP exam, you may qualify for the 2015 AICP Exam Fee Scholarship.
Every year, the American Planning Association (APA) allots a certain number of scholarships to APA Chapters. For the 2015 calendar year, APA has allotted SCAPA one scholarship to award to a SCAPA member. The scholarship recipient would pay reduced fees to take the AICP exam, as follows:
- First time AICP applicants: $145 (combined $70 application and $75 exam fee)
- Previously approved AICP applicants: $75 (exam fee only).
If you are interested, and believe you would qualify, please forward your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org demonstrating how you meet the following criteria:
- A SCAPA member in good standing;
- Without the reduced fee, you are unlikely to take the exam;
- Your employer will not subsidize the exam fee;
- Minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.
All letters must be received by July 1, 2015. SCAPA would thereafter make a recommendation to APA for one SCAPA member, who has submitted the most compelling argument, to receive the scholarship.