Athens-Clarke County, GA
Salary: $47,112.00, Annually
Closing Date: 7/30/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Purpose of Job: The purpose of this job is to research and prepare information related to planning functions within the Planning Department. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing of site plans, reviewing and recording of minor subdivision plats, administering development related ordinances and regulations, writing and reviewing reports, reviewing plans, assisting and directing developers, approving permits, and performing additional tasks as assigned.
Minimum Training & Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions: Bachelor’s degree in urban/regional planning, forestry, landscape architecture, architecture, transportation, or related field with two years of professional work related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains various databases of information needed to support ongoing or project-specific analysis.
- Prepares zoning verification correspondence and answers public inquiries regarding zoning and subdivision issues as assigned.
- Administers the Unified Government’s zoning ordinance and other development-related regulations; conducts research on various issues related to zoning or development regulations as assigned.
- Provides instruction and direction to the general public and department visitors; receives, responds to, or forwards departmental, governmental, or public correspondence by phone, mail, message, etc.
- Review and processes Manufactured Home Permits, Home Occupation Permits, Alcohol License Applications, and Building Permits as assigned.
- Attends various training workshops, conferences, and committee and public meetings which may require meeting at night or overnight travel; records minutes of meetings as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of assigned division in the Planning Department as they pertain to the performance of duties relating to the specific planning functions.
- Knowledge of the terminology and methodology used within the Planning Department.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of applicable legal, governmental, and departmental processes. Knowledge of the principles and practices of comprehensive planning.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare, and maintain an assortment of records, reports, and information in an effective manner and according to departmental and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with supervisors and other staff members as they relate to the activities of the Planning Department.
- Ability to use independent judgment in routine and non-routine situations. Ability to handle the required mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand computer applications and techniques as necessary in the completion of daily assignments. Ability to plan, organize, and/or prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively by written and oral means. Ability to prepare and deliver public presentations.
- Ability to handle outside fieldwork.
- Ability to research and analyze topics and to draw conclusions. Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe and legal manner.
Apply online at: WWW.ACCGOV.COM/JOBS
Contact: Petina Cheek, firstname.lastname@example.org