Planner I – Planning & Development, Long Range Planning
City of Rock Hill, SC
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography, urban studies, public administration, or related field, preferably supplemented by a Master’s degree in city/regional planning or related field and two years professional planning experience, preferably in a local government setting. GIS/ArcVIEW experience is required. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of planning.
- Knowledge of statistics and technical writing standards, database development and analysis methods.
- Ability to perform independent research on planning and community development issues.
- Ability to utilize GIS software applications and produce complex maps and statistical data/analysis.
- Ability to present statistical data, facts, and conclusions in oral, written, and graphic form; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, City officials, community participants, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of long-range plans, including the City’s comprehensive plan, neighborhood and small area plans.
- Assists in implementing recommendations of comprehensive and small area plans and other studies.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding annexation requests and strategies; prepares annexation studies and plans.
- Prepares land use and zoning studies.
- Develops and maintains planning policies, procedures, and required supporting documentation (i.e., maps, databases, drawings).
- Participates in special project teams with other City staff.
- May assist with transportation planning initiatives.
- Assists with special projects, workshops, and community meeting/forums. Must be available to attend some night meetings.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
SALARY: $55,224-$79,913 Per Year
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Priority consideration may be given to qualified persons currently employed by the City of Rock Hill who submit their application to the Human Resources Department.
The City of Rock Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer — M-F-D-V